Vifm v0.7.7 betaMay 1, 2014New version provides more customizations for several existing features and more convenient interaction with them.
The beta stage will last about two weeks. In case any serious bugs are found during this period, another beta version might be released.
- Vifm has had support for navigation by file number for years, finally it can display those numbers.
- Support of trash directories got better with ability to have trash per mount point and new trash menus.
- Command-line mode now has Ctrl-X prefixed keys that insert parts of filenames and filters (kind of Ctrl-R in Vim).
- Bookmarks are now timestamped for more predictable management (mainly deletion and overwriting).
- For security reasons remote commands are now disabled at configuration stage by default.
- Most of long-running operations (:find, :copy, etc.) now can be cancelled by pressing Ctrl-C.
- Menus with list of files got unified "gf" (for navigation) and "e" (for editing) shortcuts.
- Several fixes and %n macro for better integration with terminal multiplexers.
- Ability to sort list view with disabled grouping of directories.
- Expression parser was extended in a couple of ways.
- Added three more sample color schemes.
More detailed list of changes...